Beiträge von bapsport

Hello.

The bushes arrived and unfortunately it is not ideal: hole is too big (about 8mm) so it produces little force against the shaft and slips easily.

Since the rubber walls are high enough, I've put some teflon around the outter side so when installed in the plastic cable hole it becomes tight and pushes the rubber into the shaft, creating enough tension that prevents it from slipping out of the shaft - like i said, its not ideal but if it holds up without the teflon slipping out, it can be a simple solution.

The diameter is ok, maybe about 0.5mm short.

Hey

From cross referencing, this bushing supposedly fits the Swift. Bought 2 and will try in 1 week.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pr…tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For now, i just cut a piece of hose and put on both edges of the cable, on the gearbox side with a plastic clamp, on the gear stick only the hose since the clamp has no space to fit, and the gear shift has already improved drastically. Sometimes the gears still need some extra force to engage, especially 5th, 6th and Reverse, i guess the gearbox is notchy by nature.

I will provide more info when the bushings arrive, perhaps it could be a cheap option for our problem.

both are completely broken and i have no other bushing to insert there.

Amazon units cost ~150€ total with fees and vat, from the seller's direct website same thing, from Cuztoms uk more or less the same since they are not EU anymore.

I was wondering if there are no bushings from other cars that also fit or other bushing sellers in the entire EU for something as simple as a rubber bush which cost 1€ to produce

so, all these brands listed use the same bushing. are those people also buying the entire linkage when their bushings fail?

• Chevrolet
    • Dodge
    • Genesis
    • Geo
    • Hyundai
    • Infiniti
    • Isuzu
    • Jeep
    • Kia
    • Lexus
    • Mazda
    • Mercury